This is our journey. And our love, will sail us through.

Saturday, August 04, 2012

Amy's nightmare.


I don't feel the need to constantly rationalize my madness for Amy Winehouse and if something is deliriously in my head, it will certainly make it on paper. This artwork carries a very deeply felt anxiety and also, a creepily-perfect timing of release. I happened to draw this just a day before Amy's death and in those days, I used to play 'Rehab' and 'Back to Black' at a breathless repetition, talk about her music to literally EVERYone and I felt understood by her music. These artworks are, sort of, my tribute to her and the proud legacy she has left behind.

But even after all this, every time I listen to her, I feel like I am just beginning to discover her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment